JD Jetting or PWK 38 Carb for my 03 CR ???

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
JD Jetting or PWK 38 Carb for my 03 CR . Which is best for a 50/50 split of moto-X and woods riding I would like your opinions please

Wilky

Oct 21, 2004
I tried different jetting setting with jets that came with the bike.
30 and 32.5 Pilots
420 and 430 Mains
and two different nettles
with no real improvement over the stock setup.

I heard about the JD kit and gave them a call, explained to them what I was looking for from my CR (more low end) and they said that the kit would solve the issue and if it didn't I could return it for a full refund. I haven’t returned it.

So to answer your question....yes and no.
I did try some different jet settings but not all available OEM options. I had heard good things about JD and with a money back guarantee I really couldn't lose.

The only thing that the kit contains that you cannot get from your dealer is the needles. They are custom made and look a lot different than the stock and in my opinion make all of the difference. When I got the kit at first all I changed was the needle and the low end came alive instantly. The throttle response was much crisper and the low end was noticeably stronger right off idle. I also noticed that the bike was easier to start. I even put the stock needle back in after a couple of weeks just to make sure I wasn't suffering from a new purchase high and sure enough it fell on its face with the stock needle. The JD needle went right back in.

I would like to here from someone that has tried both and get their take. Or maybe there is someone in the Phoenix area that has done the carb swap that is willing to do a quick A-B test with me.

I hope this helps

Scott

cr250pierce

Aug 25, 2004
I just put in the JD kit in 2002 CR 250 and it works great. I tried numerous different combinations before and this one works the best. My motor is stock except for a Rad valve. I run the stock pipe with a spark arrestor.

Rider 007

Feb 10, 2000
In addition to improved response and performance, were y'all able to clear up the exhaust drooling problem with the JD kit?(or did yours not drool stock?)
In other words, is the jetting clean without exhaust drool?

Thanks in advance! :cool:

:ride:

Mike_socal

Oct 1, 2003
Does the jet kit help with the carb sensitivity? One of my complaints is the mikuni carb seems to be so sensitive to temp changes. In the morning it would be jetted good. Towards the middle of the day when the temps rose the jetting was off.

From what I gather, slide design may have had something to do with that which may be one of the reasons the mikuni has a different slide now? Just guessing here.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom