Jet chart for altitude and temp

doogiebares

Apr 9, 2005
My friend has a Husky 360 and I ride a YZ250. We have different carbs and he has a neat little chart that shows which jets for different altitudes and temps. Is there such a chart for my 1994 ZY250 with a Mikuni carb? My book doesn't show anything. I have searched here and everywhere else, but can't find a neat chart.

Tom Cox

May 16, 2003
Don't give up hope.

What you're asking for does exist. I've got it some where. Used it when I was preparing to go to Colorado in 1993. I'll look for it and before I respond I'll check to see if some one else provided you with the info. If you're just concerned about going from a lower altitude to riding at 10 to 12,000 feet, a rule of thumb is to reduce your jetting 10%. It works and gets you in the ball park. I live at 500 ft and took my KDX to the mountains this past year and didn't change a thing. Never fouled a plug and had plenty of power. In 1993 I reduced the jetting on my 250 KTM and it still ran way to rich. It just depends on the bike.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…