snake keeper

Aug 7, 2001
Hey all ,I have a 2001 kx-250. I am having problems with first gear, it seems that I have to rev it quite a bit to run slow technical trails. I have installed a Steahly 11oz flywheel weight. The weight has helped with not stalling it as much and improved tractability. I also am getting spooge out of the silencer. I have adjusted the air screw as much as possible. Should I change the slow jet?? The carb is completely stock. I should mention that I do no mx with this bike. I ride a mixture of slow technical trails and fast enduro type trails.
thanks

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Snake,
I have the same bike, its modified to a 265 but the jetting didn't change much from stock. I'm currently running a 50 slow jet and a 158 main. Adjusting the needle with this setup covers a fairly wide range of changes in temp/humidity. The weather between here and DFW are very similar, so it should get you close. BTW I'm running 40:1 premix.

If you are in the tight stuff and haven't already, try a 50 tooth rear sprocket, BIG difference. :thumb: Yes, it does take away from the top end. :ugg:

I wish someone made a shorter first gear for this bike.

Good Luck,
Scott

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom