Jetting Help Needed. (Canadian Dave Please Help!)

Apr 18, 2001
I have a 1994 KDX 200 with an fmf pipe and silencer. Totally stock jetting never ever touched. I am the original owner. The bike runs awesome with the fmf pipe and silencer on with the stock jetting. I just bought Boyesen reeds and immediately went to your justkdx website for jetting reccomendations. Unfortunately the jetting reccomendations were not exact. I live in Rhode Island and it is around 60 degrees. Please, if you can, give me exact jetting reccomendations for my bike with the addition of the boyesen reeds.
Thanx dave,
Tim
(if anyone else has an idea please reply too!:confused:

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
45 pilot, 145 main, needle in the third position from the top, air screw 1 3/4 turns out. That will get you close, you can fine tune it from there.

acutemp

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 4, 1999
Tim, Spanky's setup should work well for you but the main is way to lean. Go with a 155 main and dial in the off idle responce with your air screw and you should be good to go. If you are using the stock 1172n needle you might also try clip #2 . Good luck with your tuning.--Dan

G. Gearloose

Pigment of ur imagination
Jul 24, 2000
I'm not too far away from you, Dude,
I found the 145 may work if the airbox lid is stock but could be too lean if you removed the snorkle and/or drilled the lid (recommended).
Best start higher (152-155) and do a plug chop. Everything else sounds right on.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
152/155 main, 45 pilot and your 1172 jet needle in the second from the top clip position. Do a plug reading at WOT to insure you aren't running lean and fine tune the pilot circuit using the air screw as Dan suggested.

David

Top Bottom