lick

Apr 1, 2002
Hi everyone,
Ok got an XR600 and was trying to get the jetting fixed on it, my problem is from sitting at an idle and then going to full throttle there is a dead spot, say it seems to turn off then come back on, it also will do this while going slow and the going to full throttle too. Once it comes back on it seems to run fine in the top end. The only mod to the date is the full white bros e-series muffler and header pipe. Soon to get a K&N filter. Ok so where should I start, mains, needle, pilet??? Also I live in Texas and I'm at sea level. The temp stays around 80 to 90 most of the time!!! Well any help would be great, Thanks

lick

Apr 1, 2002
Hi again,
I know some of you out there no something about these big thumpers, Anyhelp would be great thanks

e.c.bert

Mar 11, 2002
GO TO THE DEALER!!!! They have the entire fix it under a part number and includes a non restrictive intake manifold. Any questions contact Hacienda Honda Scottsdale, Arizona (480) 607-5000. Talk with Jimmy Button's father he's the parts coordinator and has built XR650's with these mods to sell right out of the show room! I believe the factory kit is priced around $250.

BigBore

Jun 16, 1999
He's talking about the XR600, not the 650R.

Best advice is just try and ride around it. The XR600 is notorius for that low end bog. There isn't enough intake vacuum at low RPMs (somebody set me straight if I'm wrong). The only real cure is a pumper carb. My '99 XR600 ran its best with the E-Series and stock jetting. Started great, and was very fast. I messed around with the pilot circuit (went as big as a 68), and the needle setting (anything richer than the middle setting caused a "blubber" when chopping the throttle) but no matter what I did, nothing seemed to help. :silly:

Top Bottom