highcountry

Jun 3, 2001
Hey,

My XR600 with pipe and uni-air filter runs real strong mid to full throttle. The problem is when I am cruising along just off idle the engine misses. It's enough to drive you nuts. I have not been able to work it out with jetting. It also has an occasional burble when I go from a closed throttle to about 1/4 throttle. Are these issues normal with this bike? Or is there hope of fixing them? Thanks!
P.S. Anyone know what wieght fork oil came stock in a '93 XR600?

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
idle

i had the same prob with my 1998 XR250. the problem was a badly blocked jet and a bit of dirt in the carby fe removed the jet cleaned it then drained the carby and it has been good ever since.:cool:

highcountry

Jun 3, 2001
I have adjusted the valves and rebuilt the carburator. The bike just came up in elevation (3000ft.). I had to rejet. It is a 152 main, middle spot on the needle, 65 slow jet, 2 turns out on the pilot. It runs great except for the off idle miss. I live a 7,600 ft. and regularly ride up to 10,00+ft. Above about 8,500 it starts to load up a little but still runs good. I'm going to run a leakdown test today to make sure I don't have valve issues. Wish me luck! Any other thoughts would be very welcome. Thanks!

webbrace

May 18, 2000
It sounds like you are to rich on the Pilot jet. I run a 68 at sea level to 3000ft and it runs great. You might want to drop it one more size to see if that cleans it up at your altitude.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom