Marklx

May 24, 2001
I presently own a klx300 with some motor and suspension mods to get it around a track fairly quickly. My jump technique is pretty much just wfo and it jumps flat.

Question is, I'll be buying a new 2 stroke 250(different thread), so was riding a friends cr250r yesterday, and almost looped it everytime I tried to jump. When I wasn't on the gas, I was endoing. Just couldn't keep the thing flat.

I'm guessing I've learned some bad habits on my heavy trail bike, but am bothered by how much difficulty I was having yesterday.

While a lot of it is throttle control and positioning, nothing seemed to click. Where should I start, so I'm not buying a new subframe after my first day out.?

Mark

Anssi

May 20, 2001
You should start by practising an easy jump one thousand times on your new bike. You seem to know what you need to (too much throttle->nose high, too little throttle(or, rather, too much deceleration)->nose low), the rest is just repetition.

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Anssi,

I had a feeling that would be a big part of the answer. Darn, I guess that means I'll have to be riding a lot more once I get the new machine. Now if I could just decide on yellow or green ? :confused:

Mark

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Originally posted by JPIVEY

Here let me help......ORANGE

Does that mean it's a blend of Honda and Suzuki? Actually have considered the orange bike, but can't get a good deal on one, and not thrilled with the only local dealer.

Mark

R White

Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by Marklx
Anssi,

I had a feeling that would be a big part of the answer. Darn, I guess that means I'll have to be riding a lot more once I get the new machine. Now if I could just decide on yellow or green ? :confused:

[/U]

and thats like the worst thing in the world! LOL:p
if only I had it that hard. again LOL

Last edited:

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Originally posted by R White
Darn,Iguess that meansI'll have tobe riding a lot more

and thats like the worst thing in the world! LOL:p

Yeah, it's a task, but I'm sure my wife will understand that it is a safety issue, so I've got to ride more ;)

Mark

yardpro

Gone Bye-Bye
Oct 15, 2001
one big hint. the 2 stroke acceleerated much hader, therefore you tend to be pulling (hanging on)on the bars. when you jump first start jumping with a steady throtle. not accelerating or decelerating. in the air reving =front end up, jamming rear brake =front down.(corrective measures)

Marklx

May 24, 2001
Yradpro,

Good point about holding the throttle steady. I'm used to accelerating up the face of jumps with my KLX, which just keeps things flat. When I did the same thing with the cr, well you know what happens when you punch it. Not a pretty sight!

Mark

the bike should arrive this tuesday, and lots of practice will be in order:cool: :cool:

Top Bottom