High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Yep, going faster is the best way. The real key is to carry more speed through the turns...both cutting your lap times and allowing you to hit the jumps faster.

If you'll notice, with the current pro riders being able to easily clear most obstacles, they have switched from trying to jump high and far to getting just enough air to clear something and getting back on the ground where they can be accelerating. The "Bubba Scrub" is the perfect example.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Every jump is different, and each one requires it's own technique. Your ability in the corners, the landing from the previous jump, and track conditions all play into the technique required to get over. An easy third gear hop on a beautiful morning can easily become barely possible after a long day of riding and a few inches of rain. Seat bouncing is better WHEN it is needed and only harder otherwise.

robertmoto10

Dec 27, 2009
thanks frudaddy but what do you suggest i do at a track thats clayish and has a lot of run up

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
Brake late and hard into the corner, accelerate early and hard out of the corner, don't let up. If you find yourself jumping too far, scrub the lip. The key to speed is to get back to the ground as quickly as possible while still clearing the jump. Don't bother preloading the suspension if you can clear the jump with speed alone.

I would expect that trying to preload only the front suspension would yield a result similar to suddenly accelerating on the face. A rather unpleasant flight.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
FruDaddy said:
I would expect that trying to preload only the front suspension would yield a result similar to suddenly accelerating on the face. A rather unpleasant flight.

The flight isn't so bad, it's the landing that sucks.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom