bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
From our club (PANTRA - Panhandle Trail Riders Assoc) Newsletter:

JUNIPER DUNES ROAD CLOSURE:

This great riding area is still open but the access road into the area is private property and has been gated by the owner. Now there is no legal way to get into public BLM land until the land dispute is taken care of.

I was able to contact the BLM and the landowner and I’m trying to get this rectified, but in the meantime I have also contacted the BLUE RIBBON COALITION.

They are also working with the BLM to try to get this access road reopened. What we must all do is start a phone call campaign to our BLM representative expressing our concern over our winter riding area having no legal access.

Call Kevin Devitt (BLM rep.) 509/ 536-1200.

I have also contacted the Eastern Washington Dirt Riders Club and they will be doing a lot of calling, to get the BLM to work out a land trade or buyout or whatever. If you can’t call, ask a friend or relative to call for you, and ask anyone else you know, who rides motorcycles or ****s to do the same.
Ken White

And Bbbom says:

You can also mail a letter to our BLM Rep. He's trying to get this resolved but it's a tough situation since it does involve private property and the public using it to get to public lands.

The address for Kevin Devitt is:

Bureau of Land Management
1103 N. Fancher
Spokane, WA 99212

If you want to come ride the Dunes in South Central Washington, let them know how your feel!

WWR

Sponsoring Member
Jul 15, 2000
Oh, no! These are my old stompin' grounds! The Juniper dunes are one of the only public riding areas in the Tri-Cities area. The other dunes and places to ride have been slowly closing off for years. If we lose this area, it will be a huge step backwards for the riding community. I hope you all can pitch in and help any way possible, I knw I will be doing whatever I can.

Top Bottom