joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
I'm an old MXer getting back into riding after 12 years away. I got my KDX and did some Hare Scrambles, a coupe of Enduros and a MX and Sx.
My questions are:
1. Enduro Time keeping. I have a basic knowlege of why and am sure I can figure it out, but then they throw in like Brand X time keeping. Is there a book, forum. rag I can read to get to be fairly good. I tried the first few checks and wasn't bad, then brain fade came and I tossed the watch and just rode hard.I'd like to ge5 better at it.
2 ATF oil in my gear box. I see Mobile atf for my forks, same for my trans??
3. the frame rails where my boots rub annoy me. My boots are green and the frame metalic. I don't want to stick a black peice of carbon fiber tape there, that'll look just as @#$$#$. I formed a piece of clear plexi glass there and zip ties it to try as soon as the snow melts down a little
Any help and answers will be taken to heart.
Thanks
Joe
2001 KDX 200
2001 TTR 125 Boy"A"'s
1996 XR 80 Boy "B"'s

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Joe;
ATF in the tranny, Yep. There have been quite a few threads here regarding that, you can do a serch and come to your own conclusions. I do run ATF dexron and love it. My shifts are smooooth, and I change oil every 100 miles or so. As for your boots rubbing on the frame, mine do to and its just charactor for your bike. It can't look new forever. Can't help you with the time keeping.
Lew

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Regarding the boots rubbing paint off the frame, I've used Maier plastic green frame guards on earlier KDX's. IMO, they look alot better than the silver spots where paint used to be.

knobbytracks

Oct 29, 2001
Time Keeping

Hey, Joe. I am also interested in the time keeping game. Come on fellow KDX'rs, help us out:) :) :) Don't want those pumpkins beatin' us do ya?;)

Top Bottom