just got my first boots... Now I cant shift Help!

BMUU

Jun 15, 2004
Hey, I just went out and bought some gear including boots, pants, jersey, goggles, and gloves. I like everything really well and its very comftorable. The boots are alpine star tech 6's and the only problem is now I cant shift... everytime I go to hit 2nd I hit neutral. I tried to adjust the shift lever higher but its as high as it can go before hiiting the chain guard. Is there any adjustments that I can make to make it easyer to shift? does everyone have this problem in the beggining and they just get use to it or what? thanks for the help guys

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I had the same problem with my Tech 8's. I adjusted the shifter up a bit and after a few rides I got used to it and now I don't even notice the bigger boot. At first I thought I had made a huge mistake but now I love them.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You just need to break the boots in and get use to the feel. My T8's are like moon boots after I've been wearing my Gaerne trials boots but it doesn't take long to get reaquainted. Go run around the block a few times in your new T6's and they'll feel better ;)

va_yzrider

Apr 28, 2003
Are they the new Tech 6's? Really nice boots! Good choice. The best thing that I can think of to tell you is to lift your leg to shift. Don't try to bend your ankle upward, just yank your whole foot upward. If you are standing, throw your butt back a little and the front of your foot will come up to the shifter. I know it feels weird now, but you will love the boots once you get used to them.

BMUU

Jun 15, 2004
thanks for all the help, Ill be going to 3 palms in conroe tx on sunday and I will se how they work out. yes the boots are new I am new to motocross so these are my first boots to ever wear thats why I asked if anyone else had this problem. thanks for the hlep ;)

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
You'll get used to them, give it a couple rides. As far as tightness, I like mine tight, but I think it's just personal preference. At least snug though.

Shig

~SPONSOR~
Jan 15, 2004
To maximize the protection they should be snug but not constricting. Luckily, the Tech 6s break in very quickly compared to alot ot other boots. I would wear them around the house to help break them in. Someone else on this site said they mowed their lawn wearing their boots to loosen them up.

BMUU

Jun 15, 2004
thanks for all the help, Ill be going to 3 palms in conroe tx on sunday and I will se how they work out. yes the boots are new I am new to motocross so these are my first boots to ever wear thats why I asked if anyone else had this problem. thanks for the hlep ;)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
That was me that mowed the yard in mine. Even after I did all that I found them still not broken in very well. What did the trick was DW03. It rained almost every day so my boots were wet all day and I rode in them all week. Never even noticed them after that, it was the perfect break in.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
BMUU said:
whats dwo3?
Sorry, I forgot to notice you haven't been here that long. DW03 is Dirt Week 2003 at Cooperland. Every year a bunch of us at DRN head to Cooperland for a week. Since you're from Lewisville you should consider, there's a bunch from your area headed up. Check out the Dirt Week forum for more information.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I would suggest getting them wet and then wear them doing all kinds of things. They will break in nicely, just be patient.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom