RedRacer1137

Aug 31, 2006
All right I just got my bike last year I guess and went to my first HareScramble race right after my collarbone healed. I pulled of a 1hr lap while others got 20-30min laps but i really wasnt racing.

Last race i got last place by four seconds and wasnt even riding hard. Im not trying to make excuses here but ive got alot of issue right now that i need help with. I had 26min laps and leader had 20min laps

1. Cant get a freaking 5cent spring for my exhaust manafold ( I was way faster during wood section but they had too many open fields so my class blew past me since my biked bogged down )
2. Can never keep my mind concentrated on racing and afraid of pushing myself to my limit. Anytime I ride i know im putt putting around even though im going pretty fast but cant step it up.
3. Clutch/Shift problems, My boots are brand new and very stiff making it difficult to shift, I shift way to soon, cant feather very well

So i would just like to know if im fast or slow cuz im pretty sure that im the only kid on the track who just started racing. Hopefully you guys can give me some tips on how to keep my mind on racing, shifting, feathering clutch, shifting.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
Don't know if this will help.. But I read somewhere online that alot of pro riders will talk to themselves alot while racing.

I guess it helps keep you focused on what you are doing.

I talk to myself alot when I am just sitting around the house, so I kinda like the peace and quiet when I am riding. ;)

Give it a whirl, it may help.

dezryder

Feb 23, 2006
Do you have an objective?

Racing is a lot of fun. It's a lot more expensive than play riding, harder on the equipment, and has a higher 'risk' factor. If you're not racing for good results, why bother?

To be truly focussed, you need to have an objective or goal in mind that you're striving for. Entering and racing with the 'also ran' objective is counter productive. Save your money.

Search out riding buddies with a lot more experience than you, and are considerably faster riders. Go riding with them a lot. It will build your skill level and confidence at the same time.

When you go racing, go with the idea that you're there to do well, not just finish. Ride smooth (like the fast guys), and pass everybody in front of you that you can!

Have fun racing, and good luck.

RedRacer1137

Aug 31, 2006
Well not too long ago when i first bought my bike the piston rings blew out. We fixed it and everything but now went to go out and ride today and guess what! THEIR IS NO COMPRESSION!!!! Guess piston rings broke again bt ive been mixing fuel correctly and cant think of anything else. So im gonna fix it one last time and if it breaks im selling it. The money we spent on that bike and every other day something wrong happens.

Im going to go up to Oz cycle salvage ( the owner is my dads friend so we get discounts :) ) And im going to get whatever i need and tell him off. He gave it to us and said the engine was perfect and amazing. Well after it broke me and my dad were pissed at him but forgave him and look what happened.

We got fracked again. So i think im just going to get a 2003 or something else other than from a salvage shop

Im probaly over-reating but im royally pissed right now. I was suppose to go to lake of Ozarks but didnt get to so i said ill just ride all week. But No!!!!! my bike broke again so yeah...... im pissed i cant do the only thing i truly love to do.

Dont bother that up their i over reacted i hope. I guess the piston ring only broke which isnt a big deal. But we just got a new one put on so i dunno. hopefully this all works out and im able to continue riding in a while. I think im going to try listening to music while riding to help. Still im gonna have a talk with Oz to see whats the deal about my bike and some few other things.

Also this wasnt really the advice i was looking for but i cant explain what i need help with on a forum itde be way too long for someone to read. So thanks for trying guys but ill have to get help from someone i know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom