92_KDX250

Nov 8, 2005
Finally got my barrel back for my 92 kdx250, I got the bike with a siezed top end which meant the cylinder had to be welded and replated, fitted new piston, small end, crank bearings and seals, kx250 head gasket and kips valves cleaned. (£295uk for the parts) and the bike is flying, much better than my 91 kx250 I used to own. The bike is totally stock at the moment but i'm really pleased with it.

KDX's rule!!! :)

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
ya i just got my KDX 175 going too. broke the kickstart shaft and throttle cable. had to get kickstart shaft from www.bikebandit.com in san diego california. it was 138.00 US. so it was like 180.00 CAN by the time we got it here. had a couple of bugs in the throttle cable, but re-routed that and it was fine. nice.... glad you got your KDX running again. too bad its snowing here at the moment. rode mine around in front of the shop where the snow was melted. and it seemed to do pretty good. when the driveway is melted i will take her for a spin.

92_KDX250

Nov 8, 2005
I'm in Scotland, mostly ride trails and forestry paths and sometimes go to the mx tracks, if i do anymore mods it will be things like powdercoat the frame and stuff as the engine produces more than enough power for trail riding

92_KDX250

Nov 8, 2005
The clutch on my bike seems to get to a point when it grabs quite quick which makes it hard to pull away smoothly, it doesnt cause the bike to stall but its just quite tricky when riding in tight areas, i've had a look at the clutch basket and it doesnt appear to be grooved what els could cause this or is it normal on the kdx250?

92_KDX250

Nov 8, 2005
I use valvoline fully synthetic 2 stoke oil, not had a problem with plug fouling yet and i've been running it with alot of oil as ive just rebuilt the engine, its a premix not the sr model, if your plug is fouling is most likely your jetting is way off but b4 you alter the jetting check your airfilter is clean.

trevor morgan

Mar 15, 2005
I think its the oil I'm using, will try a different make, jetting is fine and air filter is cleaned after every use.
The clutch on mine is a bit snappy, either on or off bit like a switch. Sounds like your pleased with the bike, I love mine, goes really well now i've done the jetting and the pipe, keeps up with the 4 strokes round a track.

92_KDX250

Nov 8, 2005
What oil are you using? guess my clutch is normal then i'm starting to get used to it so its not a problem, cant wait to try mine on the track!

83MX80

Feb 21, 2005
not sure if this helps or not. but im running 2 stroke outboard oil premix in my KDX 175. and it works great. i only got the outboard stuff because i got it CHEAP.

Top Bottom