K&N AIR FILTER INSTEAD OF AIR BOX?

CWDHUNTER

Sep 24, 2005
I am thinking about getting rid of my air filter and air box on my rm250 and going with a universal clamp on K&N type air filter right at the intake of the carb, has anyone ever tried this, and would I loose power at all?

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
CWDHUNTER said:
I am thinking about getting rid of my air filter and air box on my rm250 and going with a universal clamp on K&N type air filter right at the intake of the carb,

any particular reason why?

CWDHUNTER

Sep 24, 2005
I have always likes K&N, second, my air box boot is kinda in bad shape, and doesn't connect up the straightest to the carb. I figured I would get a kn with a precharger to keep out the fine dirt.
I just wanted to see what you guys thought, and maybe pick a little power up too.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
The airboxes on are much more than a place to hold a filter. A change in airboot legnth of a couple of mm's can make a difference in power. The airbox/airboot is designed to take advantage of the intake pulses, this is one area best left alone unless you plan on dyno-tuning to make sure you don't lose any power.

jimmy 420

Dec 7, 2005
i would never run a k&n filter there is no way that a thin filter element like that can flow more air and STILL stop the dirt like a foam filter

Top Bottom