fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
Just got my new K&N air filter wow what a diffrence in air flow i was supprised to find i could feel the diffrence in power. if your looking for one there part number is ka-1287 i payed $47.00 not to bad for a great filter...................

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Uni Filters are probably the same thing. I only paid $30. It's a 2 stage filter, not as dense as the OEM. I t made a little bit of difference, but not nearly as much as removing the airbox lid.

fast 200

Jul 24, 2002
Well the uni filter is good but is not even close to the same two very diffrent filters and how they work........

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
IMHO - if you get that K&N filter the least bit wet you will suck dirt through it. I learned this many,many years ago when I toasted the top end on a bike prematurely from sand getting into the top and bottom ends.

I prefer the foam filters made by twin air or uni. They are easier to service too.

XRDadKDXBeni

Aug 27, 2002
K&N definitely flows the most air, it also flows the most dust. Hold it up to the light and see the pin pricks of light that stream through. They are much easier to service than foam filters, spray on some cleaner and wash it off with a water hose. dry it, re-oil with spray and install. hardly any mess. Here in Louisiana, we range from mud to fine dust in riding conditions; have never had a problem with our K&N filtered engines, although in dusty conditions we do use a filter skin.

kdxsam

Sep 20, 2002
I didn't know K&N made a filter for my bike! Last year, they did not have one. I bought a Twin Air but now I wish I would have known K&N was coming out with one. Dang it!

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
I've had K&N gauze filters for several of my cars and trucks. If the filter for the KDX is the same type I'd be real hesitant to use it because of the risk of passing dust. It's not worth the risk in my book. Good luck with yours.

billc

Mar 13, 2004
K&Ns are great for making power.They are not so great when it comes to engine life.They let in too much abrasive dust which is early death to an engine.
If I can see daylight through a filter (as with K&N) then I know it is passing way too many microns and engine life will be short.
Sorry,I don't have time to explain all this in detail.Do some research on filtration,microns,etc.
Oh,by the way,K&N has a great advertising dept.! They will tell you everything you want to hear.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom