KDX 200 1983 Parts Availability

Wayne Allen

Feb 9, 2003
I have just aquired an unloved 1983 KDX 200. I am rebuilding to use off road but would like to know about the best places to source new and used parts. Your help would be appreciated.

Wayne Allen

Feb 9, 2003
Andy

Thanks for your help. I have a quote from Cradley for a magneto rotor which is more than the bike cost me. Your rebuild pictures are very inspiring. Do you know of any breakers out there that may be able to help or someone with a basket case KDX 200 (83)

Cheers

Wayne

Originally posted by AndyD
Hi Wayne,

You can get new parts from Cradley Kawasaki in Brum. There number is 01384 633455 or www.cradleykawasaki.co.uk
Have a look at my 86 machine on my site www.550-spyder.co.uk Finally got it up & running today after a 2 month frame up rebuild.
Cheers,
Andy

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
When searching for parts for your '83, keep in mind that the bike is nearly identical to the '84 and '85. I think the pipe, silencer, jetting and graphics are slightly different.

Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
Hey, will the cylinder from the 85 fit the bottum end of and 84 or theree without any bad affects? I knew they were near identical but i wanted to check to be sure, the parts numbers are a few off, so i know their not identicle, but I just want to be srue the transfer ports line up ok.
Thanks guys
Tim

MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
I haven't fit an 85 top on an 84 bottom, but I would be surprised if you had any problem. I have used other parts from a basket case '91 on my '85. I am amazed at how much can be swapped over with little modification.

AndyD

Nov 26, 2002
Hi Wayne,

The rebuild of mine cost 4 * what I paid for the bike... there again I don't have any bad habbits... well apart from bikes & kitcars so the wife don't mind too much.
Cheers,Andy

Top Bottom