Thumper96

Sep 3, 2005
KDX 200/220 and KTM200EXC

I am thinking about one of the KDXs and came across a 2000 KTM 200EXC and was wondering how it compares to the KDX are they harder to get parts for and are they reliable like the KDX is thanks

Thumper96

Sep 3, 2005
I am thinking about one of the KDXs and came across a 2000 KTM 200EXC and was wondering how it compares to the KDX are they harder to get parts for and are they reliable like the KDX is thanks

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
For racing or aggressive riding, the extra power, lighter weight and superior potential of the KTM's suspension will be a big advantage. The '00 200exc is a super fun bike for trail riding, too.

The KDX stock suspension and jetting needs some help, but once set up it is a fine choice for rocky, muddy trails.

I don't think there is any trouble getting KTM parts, either mail order or from any good dealer.

Personally, I'd go with the KTM, but you would probably be very happy with either choice.

kdx220freak

Registered
Aug 23, 2005
well, i have a kdx and love it. I also have aktm dealer near me, the 200 is a nice bike. Although if you dont have alot of money then ktm is not for you. They will burn a hole in your pocket the size of china. (not to say kawasaki is cheap either) Any, since you may be doing some enduro i would reccommend a kdx200 cause of the better top end. My kdx220 tops out at 70 stock. If are around 150pounds the stock kdsx suspension will work, if not it will need to be ajusted. Other than that it is a great bike. Mine dont die. I Think you would love a kdx. But remeber the final decision is up to you not any of us.

Top Bottom