Attachments

• idlescrew.jpg
    idlescrew.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,349

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
That IS clean!!

Yep. That airscrew came from Ron of RB-Designs.

It sure is handy!! Works on the small body PWK (oem on later model and most earlier model kdxs) and the newer 4-vent airstryker.

Ron puts a red colored slot in the 'head' part of the airscrew that makes it easy to see what 1/2 a turn is.

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
Notice those hex head machine screws he has holding on the bowl not those phillips head oem ones! You can tell he adjusts his carb and how important it is to him to adjust it properly. Cheers John

wanaride

~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2003
I never thought of hex head screws there, that makes a lot of sense, thanks for the tip! (I've already had to replace a few of those screws because of a cheap screwdriver...)

I could take the screw to a parts shop for matching, but would you tell me what dimensions are required for those hex screws? The parts diagram on the Kawasaki site is not particularly helpful here...

wibby

Mod Ban
Mar 15, 2003
Allenhead screws would be even better but my home improvement store does not carry metric allens

I changed the screws on my DR last week only to find that I could not get a socket on the bolt head

I believe the size is a 5 or m5, but I find it easier to just take one screw with me and match it with a nut. If I can't get the exact length, I just buy longer ones and cut them down to size with a Dremel tool. (buy extras)

Another thing, be sure and use a little antiseize on the threads and they will come out a lot easier next time

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Yep...and get a ball-end allen to get to wrench on 'em with.

I've used a hacksaw one too many times on those steenking bowl screws. By all means at the very least take them out soonest and put some never-seize on them.

I don't recall the metric numbers either. You may find them only in stainless. Probably depends on the particular hardware store you're looking in. I use stainless on my kdx.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom