mark28wolves

Jan 16, 2002
can anyone give info on a kickstart problem on my 92 kdx200?
occasionally, the kickstart will not engage at all and drop all the way to the rest, trying again will give ok results.
sounds dodgy!! please help:ugg:

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
This just happened to my 92 also. No big deal, you just need to replace the kickstart mechanisms. They wear out over time, just like my 89 did a few years back. You will only need to pull off the side cover of the motor, don't need to split the cases or anything. If you need specific parts or part number, email me and I will send you a copy of the microfische.

Brenda

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
My riding buddy can tell you,from experience, that it will get worse with time. there is a little spring that looses it's tension and when it goes you will have to bump start it.

motochick

Mar 10, 2001
It is not just the spring that goes, but the gears get grooves in them where the spring sits. Both of my bikes have had the exact same symptoms and it turned out to be the exact same problem.

drtbikesrule, maybe your not riding your bike enough for these things to wear out.:p

Brenda

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Had the same problem with my '96 KDX on cold days (below 40° F). I spoke with Fredette about it and he asked me what I was using for gear oil, Mobil 1 15/50 at the time. Jeff recommended a switch to plain old 10W/40, the "cheap" stuff. When I did, the problem went away. Turned out I was using too thick of an oil.

msuriani

Nov 20, 2001
mark28wolves:
I actually started a thread back on 1/7, with last post of 1/8.
No one answered sufficiently, so we've ordered a 59051-1224 Gear and the 13066-1071 Shaft. In our analysis none of the springs were at fault, nor
could oil change. Be nice to know what Brenda specifically ordered. Using
the buykawasaki.com parts listing, it seems that the components haven't
changed much over many years.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom