placelast

Apr 11, 2001
It would help to mention your skill level, & intended use.

I have one of each, and am quite familiar with the SoCa dez.

Assuming you're moderately skilled (not a beginner), and like to kick it up a notch or three: RMX hands down. Why? It comes with superior suspension, and packs more firepower out of the box. Although for putt-putt exploring it's difficult to find anything better suited than a KDX - even better than my old XR250R.

The RMX was concieved in the late '80s as a race bike - being tamer than an MXer, it can be play ridden. The KDX was made for play riding, and can be raced (I wouldn't; at least stock). They overlap a bit, though they are better left to their respective intentions.

E-mail me your snail-mail address and I will send you a photocopy of a KDX vs. RMX article. hit-n-miss@(remove to send)DSLextreme.com.

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
Some background on my skill level or lack of it. I have ridden dirt bikes for five years. But I maybe a little rusty since that was 25 years ago. I have ridden mountain bikes for the last 13 years so may be some of those skills will transfer over. I am looking to just trail ride and teach my sons (6yrs, 8yrs) how to ride. I just saw an opportunity to get a good deal on a RMX and wondering how it compared to my KDX.

KDX200Kev

Sep 22, 2003
Thanks for the reply's. Someone else bought the RMX. Thus I will just stick with my KDX. However, I would be interested in reading the article you mentioned regarding the KDX and RMX comparison. I sent you my address to receive a copy of the article you mentioned. Thanks in advance for sending this infomation, since in the future I may pick up an RMX. However, I will always keep my KDX.

Top Bottom