kdx 200

kdxer200

Jan 30, 2003
guys i need somehelp. i judt bought an 03 kdx 200 and need suspension tips. i ride offroad mostly but like the occaisonal mx. i weigh 140 and am 5 foot 3 and a novice mxer

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
I would get a softer shock spring! And then go from there! The KDX can be made way better with minimal set-up changes.

BR,
Jer

ridered125

Feb 7, 2003
The KDX is a tall bike. If you need to lower it, there is a company called Kouba links (www.koubalink.com) that sells a longer dogbone set that will lower the bike and give you a plusher ride. You have to really play around with the sag to get the bike to ride right after installing the links. If the sag is too much, the ride will be stiff.
You'll need less sag than the recommended 4 inches.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
I ride a 1996 KDX 200. I really like it. But when it comes suspension I am lost. I, like KDXer200 ride some MX with it. I have played with the rear shock and have turned the damping clicker clockwise (stiffer) and the rebound clicker clockwise (stiffer). The rear wheel seems to hop if you don't land just right. Where should these settings be? And should the front forks be stiffer or not. I'm 5'9" and 160lbs.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…