cgreene

Nov 9, 2001
Sorry for the dumb question, but I have a 2000 220 with stock carb, Pro Circuit pipe and spark arrester, & Boyesen reed valve. Jetting is perfect now. I am going from the stock air filter to a twin air filter. Will this have any effect on jetting? I don't want to mess up an otherwise sweet running bike. Also, I see there are many opinions as to having the carb modified by Fredette or others. Does this really increase the overall performance that much. Just curious, as I am considering this next mod. Thanks to all.

Aug 16, 2000
Changing to a Twin Air should affect your jetting, other than the possibility that you might have to adjust the air screw.

BTW, If you don't mind me asking, what jets do you currently have? I have a somewhat similar configuration for my '00 220. My carb is bored +3mm with the Boyesen Rad valves, and an FMF KB-30 rev pipe, only problem is the Kawi dealer is giving me bad advice on the jetting I think...

Cheers,

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Great! System hangup after typing all of this the first time...

Anyway..................

Rule of thumb: Reduce constriction on the intake side (reduce the pressure differential) and you lean the system. A TwinAir should reduce the constriction of the intake side. It will make a difference how it's oiled of course.

Sorry, but making a major intake tract change is going to effect more than the pilot circuit! Probably not a huge deal...but it will make a difference.

If you aren't familiar with figuring out a jetting sequence for your bike, do yourself a huge favor and learn how.

Check this out for starters:

http://justkdx.dirtrider.net

Lots of good info on CDave's site.

Top Bottom