KDX 220 ( PowerCore 2 Silencer )

Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
I have a 2003 KDX220 with a stock pipe and silencer. I came across a great deal on a PowerCore 2 silencer....if I put it on before I get a pipe will help the performance as well does any jetting need to be done? It should attach to the stock pipe correct?

Thanks

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
Mine seemed like it might have wanted to turn a few more RPM with the PCII, but that could have been just me or the fact that I removed the airbox lid altogether. It just slips right on the end of the stock pipe. You will want to get a pipe though, it will make a huge difference in the bike's performance. When I say huge, I mean it.
My jetting if I remember corerctly is: 148 main, 45 pilot, stock needle in 2nd clip.
Mods: no airbox lid, FMF Gnarly Desert (~30), and PCII.

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
if sound isnt an issue, and looks are, you can cut the FMF Powercore silencer down to 9 iches (right before the second mount) and it wont stick out 10 miles. To be honest, the noise level was no tmuch louder at all. Just made it sound different. Less of a GR GR GR, and more of a "pop". If youd like to see what this mod looks like, go to www.geocities.com/kdxfreestyle200/

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom