kdx 250 SR.anyone got one

aiden hallam

Aug 18, 2002
hi i have a 94 kdx 250 sr and would like a race pipe for it but it has a flange fitting and not springs like it is on the others,the bike has oil injection and is fully road legal from new.would u reccomend cutting it open and gutting it. cheers.
aiden.united kingdom

Boot

Jun 11, 2002
G'day Aiden,

I'm no expert on this, because my SR came with an FMF fatty pipe already fitted to it, but there are plenty of SRs getting around with aftermarket pipes. I don't know how the attachment is done exactly, but it can't be too hard. It might just involve welding a couple of hooks onto the flange or something so that the springs have somewhere to go. It's sure to be a lot less welding and mucking around than gutting the stock pipe.

If I were in your position, I'd probably just take a chance and order the pipe knowing that I could nut out an attachment solution visually. Let me know if you want me to try to describe how mine looks or whatever.

RFJ_His_Son

Dec 14, 2001
hiya, Aiden. I've got one as well (UK too, Mansfield) and have been thinking about putting a new pipe on, I don't think it would be too hard to make one fit. I'll let you know if I do it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…