Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
When are we ever gonna get a KDX300???!!! I've been eyeing up a KTM300, but I love the handling and feel of my KDX220. I'm half tempted to try and put a KTM300 engine in my KDX!!! Anybody try this yet???

Love the 220!!!, but a little more power would be nice wouldn't it!!!

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Tom Ludolff said:
When are we ever gonna get a KDX300???!!! I've been eyeing up a KTM300, but I love the handling and feel of my KDX220. I'm half tempted to try and put a KTM300 engine in my KDX!!! Anybody try this yet???

Love the 220!!!, but a little more power would be nice wouldn't it!!!

Do you really like the handling of the KDX better than than KTM? What exactly do you like better?

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
I've ridden and owned both kdx and ktm's and the ktm's are alot slimmer and lighter.Most people would consider these traits for a better handling bike.More geared towards racing than trail riding but very capable of both.

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
If Kawasaki called me up and asked if I wanted a KDX 300 I'd say sure but first give me a KX200 with woods suspension and a 3.0 gallon gas tank.....

farmerj

Dec 27, 2002
Tom -

If you want more power, hows about a KX 500??!! :)

Do you have anything to add to THIS thread? Do you ride yours on the trail, or find the KDX to be more fun?

Jeff

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
The only mods I've done are 1)remove airbox lid, 2) fmf rev pipe, 3) carbon fiber low tension reeds, 4) a better spark plug, and 5) 12/52 sprockets. The thing wheelies pretty good in 4th gear, but I would like more low end torque.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Jeff,

I'm selling my kx500 in the spring. It actually has a bit too much power for me and also does not handle as well in the woods and it's geared way too high. I even tried a 52 sprocket to slow down the 1st gear, but it wasn't enough and made the power overwhelming, even with a flywheel weight. It's not really all that bad in the woods, but I'm 36 now and the extremely excessive power that was so thrilling at first just seems to tire me out faster now. I find the kdx much more friendly and easier to ride. Not to mention the seat and suspension are nice and soft!!!

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
Kelvin and Trailryder: I'm sorry I may have given the wrong impression. I love my kdx, but I've never actually ridden a KTM300. I would sure like to. My cousin just bought a '97 KTM300, but I don't think that would be a fair comparison since my KDX is an '03 and his KTM has alot of wear and tear on it.

Tom L.

billc

Mar 13, 2004
Kdx300

I have a very nice '00 220 w/some mods and I like it alot. ALOT. But now it's my spare bike because...
I also have an '05 300EXC.It is slimmer,lighter,more powerful,roomier,goes faster,tracks better,and came stock w/lots of goodies! All it needs is a skid plate.
(the KDX will turn a tighter circle though!)
I think Kawasaki would be smart to update the KDX asap.It's time to give us an up to date,modern KDX 300. (They probably already have one being developed but aren't saying!)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
89kdx200rdr said:
try a kx250 sans 13 oz flywheel weight

I would try the KX250 WITH the flywheel weight instead. Especaily if he wants to be riding it in the woods.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom