kdx at mx track

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
i rather like the way a kdx runs, jumps, and lands at a mx track,, at least on the basic stuff that is normally done by a fast beginner or slow intermediate, it makes my 89 yz 125 feel like a little toy motorcycle!,,,, but should i be concerned about the frame breaking or shocks blowing out?

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
amen dude! I race mine too, and only went to 5 races this year out of 25, ans placed 18th out of the whole year and like 61 people! ROCK ON!

duke

Oct 9, 1999
What modifications did you gentlemen perform to make the bikes suitable for an MX track?

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
none on this one,, totally stock including clickers. If i get one of my own i would put stiffer springs, rev pipe/silencer, add one tooth to front sprocket though.,,,
so,, kdxfreestyle, youve rode a good bit at tracks and never cracked your frame or blew your fork seals?

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
nope! I wore out my fork seals though, because when there isnt a race, i go trail riding, and pit riding. Never cracked the frame either. The only mods I have to my bike now are FRP fork springs for my weight .42's and a race tech rear shock, 5.2, MX rear Fender, Fatbars, Suzuki 1996 RM125/250 # plate, and a FMF powercore 2 silencer 9cut from 14inches down to 9 for looks and sound.) Tomorrow, I am ordering my wiseco parts to do my first top end. I am also planning on a PC Platinum pipe, and some boyesen Pro reeds for next season.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…