kdx color

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i just bought a 01 kawasaki kdx200 and there is a little surface rust on the frame. i know i have to sand it but what color is the frame and what type of paint should i use this is more of a cosmetic then any big problem

Dragonfly

May 8, 2002
The stock color is Kawasaki Green. I used PJ1 paint for the touch up areas on my 2001. Works great, and the color match was perfect! Most of your local bike shops have it. So does rockymountain.com

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
u also have a 2001. well mine has a procircuit pipe and silencer , uni filter, carbon tech low tension reeds and frp .42 fork springs any other good modifications u could recomend?do u jump with urs?how much do u weigh if u jump i weigh 190 and i want to jump is the stock rear suspension good enough for me? and last question where is the compression clicker on the rear suspension i no its kinda dumb askin this question but i dont want to turn the wrong screws

Dragonfly

May 8, 2002
Yep, Your ahead of me on a few mods. I have a FMF -35 pipe (narly woods) and the Turbine Core II silencer.
I just bought this bike in Feb. I had a 92 before this one. I plan to do the front springs as well.

The rear spring is perfect for your weight. It will hold up to a 210lb rider. I don't do any jumping with mine other than the occasional whoop-de-do's. I do a lot of trail riding.

I would recommend the airbox modification if you hav'nt already. That woke mine up with the pipe I have. Although it does... as quoted before "sound like your sitting on a duck" when you hit the gas. It's a little louder but worth it.

And for your last question the compression damping is on the gas reservoir on the right side of your bike up near the seat/number plate area. Then to adjust Rebound its on the bottom of the shock.

I would also recommend checking out this site for lots of other mods for your KDX http://www.dirtrider.net/justkdx/ ..... then click on tech tips

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…