cowasucky

Feb 23, 2009
Amen brother !!! I have a video atif I can figure out. How to post this SOB) of me on a kdx220 (2003) smoking a 99 yz125. Ofcourse I'm shifting 2 to his 1, but the kdx 220R. Is totally capable of embarassing an mx rider if you know what you3e doing.

upnorthbacon

Jan 28, 2005
Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm hopefully going to be in the market shortly and seriously considering the Kdx simply because of reliability and I'm not a speed freak anymore. I think I phrased my question wrong, but it was basically answered anyway. What I should have asked was if anyone had ridden with 250 mx bikes or even 450 off road bikes and can you comfortably cruise on the kdx like a dual sport? I know there are going to be times when we are hiking down the roads before we hit the next section of single tracks maybe for several miles. A couple guys have KTM 450's and man those things are geared huge on top, they can cruise along at 60mph barely off idle! With my 250f I felt like I was really screaming even to keep up with my buddies wr400. I didn't mean to imply racing, just cruising along comfortably with the bigger bikes. It sounds like the gearing should be fine though and I didn't even realize they had 6 gears, that's even better. Once we hit the single tracks it was bye bye on my 250f, I generally had to wait for them to catch up, so I should be good on the kdx in the trails!

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
upnorthbacon said:
I know there are going to be times when we are hiking down the roads before we hit the next section of single tracks maybe for several miles. A couple guys have KTM 450's and man those things are geared huge on top, they can cruise along at 60mph barely off idle!
Ha! The secret to THAT issue is to be so far ahead of the thumpers when you hit the smooth roads, that they won't catch you until you are arriving at the next set of single-tracks!

Whatever you decide to buy, good luck and enjoy the ride.

Mud

Top Bottom