trs

Dec 3, 2002
The front end of my 92 250 seems squirly ,on dirt road it acts like it wants to wash out even on slight turns. The inverted forks seem stiff to me. When I sit on the bike the forks go down about 3 inches but when I get off they stay there. On the yamaha I had the forks moved up and down about even with the rear when you sat on it. Would moveing the forks up in the clamps help with the front end being squirly ? thanks trs

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
First off you have to heavy weight of oil in the forks. Drain them and use a light 5w or 2.5w fork oil. This is why you have no rebound to the forks!

Second, you will need some stiffer springs in the bike. There is a lot of quirks to the stock 250 forks to say the least. Look into a Racetech Gold valve if you are serious about getting the most from those forks.

But your oil weight is to heavy! Problem #1

trs

Dec 3, 2002
I just got the bike so I dont know when the fork oil was changed last. I will go ahead and change it. Can you tell me how much oil goes in each fork leg? thanks

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
remove the spring, collapse the fork. Make sure you pump the rod also before determining the height.

but 4.5" from top. If you have some bottoming issues (with the correct springs installed) then go 4" from top.

Top Bottom