kdx frontend swap

bigal007

Sep 29, 2004
I'm looking at buying a 91 kdx 200 with a wasted front end. have located a 91 kx 125 front end. is this a good way to go.

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
If you can get the whole 91 KX 125 front end (wheel, brakes, tripple) then i'd say go for it. The older E series KDX's don't have the same ergonomics that the newer H series does but they are still a solid bike. The KX front end will fix the suspension up and make it a great combo.

-Maurice

bigal007

Sep 29, 2004
thanks bro. gonna buy the bike tonight. have located frontend complete. new here but not a new biker.gonna be here regular.

bigal007

Sep 29, 2004
Dose anyone know if there is a way to make the odometer on the kdx work with the kx front wheel? sure would like to keep it.

04kdxchris

Aug 26, 2004
forget that odometer and get the trail tech you get a speedo an odo and a tripometer. and more im going to order one soon... well after i send my carb out to rb and my cylendar to fredette im gonna be broke but after that some time...
chris

DirtRoller

Jul 25, 2004
04kdxchris said:
forget that odometer and get the trail tech you get a speedo an odo and a tripometer. and more im going to order one soon... well after i send my carb out to rb and my cylendar to fredette im gonna be broke but after that some time...

chris
I took my odometer off...stock set-up is as heavy as boat anchor.
Trail tech more functions and less weight.
Plus, I don't think it would be that easy to make the stock set-up work on that hub.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…