gooby

Nov 8, 2001
my 200 i can do bout that ,actually a bit more.NOTE that is normal woods/trails.....in all sand forget it .it'll b half that or worse

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
In Michigan sandy trails I got about 60 miles with out going on reserve on my 220. We were riding a pretty good pace. The other guy went on reserve on his 200 just before we got to the gas stop. I have a tendency to ride as high a gear as possible to carry speed and momentum.

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
On my 2002 KDX 200, I got 50 miles before going on reserve last weekend. It was a real mixture of terrain. Some railroad tracks(wide open 6th gear) and some fairly tight trails 1st 2nd 3rd.

onfire

Jul 23, 2001
I did the Big Bear Trail Ride Enduro, up in Big Bear, California, about a month ago. The ride covered about 190 miles in one day, and I made it with just 2 gas stops. The first stop was about 85 miles into the ride. I hit reserve about 2 miles from that stop. The second gas stop was about 35 miles after that. (Very poor layout for gas stops). I put in about a gallon and finished the ride no problem.

The ride covered all types of riding, from paved roads, fire roads, single track, boulder hopping, and some water crossings.

I once did 90 miles on a tank of gas. I guess it all depends on how you ride. I definately don't take it easy when I ride, but I sure do get good gas mileage. :p :flame:

GREENBEAN

Jan 8, 2000
Once I did about 85 miles on a tankfull.. There were a lot of logging dirt roads though... In single track I can get close to 50 miles before reserve.

davidg

Apr 30, 2002
The mileage really depends on how your riding, terrain and speed. But, I can tell you that I ran my last H/S without going on reserve. It was a two hour race, mostly 2nd gear sometimes 3rd. I was also wondering how much fuel I used. When I filled the bike back up it took about 1 3/4 gallons, didn't measure exactly. Oh I'm on 220 w/ a stock carb, hope this helps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom