TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
I took the advice of someone hear and replaced my stock tires with some Michelin M12's. Does anyone know if that particular tire is directional. It has an arrow on the tire but says "Rear Wheel" above it, not rotation direction or anything like that. Of course I noticed this after I mounted it on the rim and reinstalled the wheel on the bike :ugg:
Help!

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
Nevermind, I just took it off and turned it around. The only thing worse than changing tires is changing the same one twice. I think I'm getting better at it though :think:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
I believe michelins are directional. I had an S12 awhile back, and it was directional.

It certainly acted directional! Forward traction was great. Braking traction was nada-zip-diddle. The reason I didn't get another one.

In the forward direction the S12 was a rock-throwing, ground-thrumming wonder. It made a moaning sound tearing thru the air like a ripper chain on a chain saw!

You just couldn't slow down!!

But, yeah...that's what the arrow is for. Wasn't that in the 'tutorial' from jag??

heh heh... I've done the same thing. Flipping the wheel back and forth during the process, I failed to pay attention when it came to putting the new tire on. I think that was my sand paddle one of the times I changed for the sand.

If you think dirt tires are fun to change...wait 'til you put a paddle on. A much shorter/stiffer sidewall. You really get to cussin' one'a those!

Enjoy that new tire. New tread is a delight!

Top Bottom