KDX Odometer

XR600Fan

Apr 9, 2000
Hi Guys, I was able to pick up an endoru computer off an 1986 KDX 200 for next to nothing. I put new batteries in it and it works fine except that that wires going to the odometer drive have been cut off at the point of entry. Does anyone know anything about these units? and if so can the odometer drive be made to work on a 91 KDX 250? Thanks!

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
a 91-94 KDX250 uses a mechanical gear driven pickup. The KDXs used a magnetic pickup. So you cannot use that unit off the 250 setup.

If you want an enduro computer that runs off the stock KDX250 cable, use a Xr600 enduro computer. Works fine, but you will only be able to mount it on one ear. The other one use a waher to hold it there. Works great!

XR600Fan

Apr 9, 2000
I'll give it a try to see how close it fits to the 250 axle/hub setup. Just eyeballing it looks real close. Unfortunetaly, I can't afford a decent odometer and hoped that this might work (can't spell either). Anyone have a used mechanical odometer that they want to sell? Anyone want to buy a digital enduro computer? trade?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Using it should be no problem you'll just have to fabricate a pick-up just like someone running a cycle comp. would have to do. Check out the JustKDX site, Tech Tips, and you'll find the info you need there. Trail Tech submitted a how too article that should point you in the right direction.

David

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…