KDX Repair Manual for Dummies

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
I have a 1994 KDX 250 and my intention is to tear down the bottom half of the engine. I don't want to do this without a step-by-step guide because I have very limited experience although I will have some help.

For some reason I cannot find any 'good' manuals for this bike. I have been on every single website for Clymer or Haynes manuals but haven't found anything for my make/model/year. I have seen manuals for the KX250 and earlier model KDXs but nothing for me.

Is there a manual out there that details taking apart my engine so that even I could do it? Some say that I could use the manuals for the KX250 because the engines are very close but I just want to be sure.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Contact your local Kawasaki dealer. They can get you a factory shop manual for your KDX250.

You might also check out ebay. I've seen a number of manuals there including ones for a KDX250.

David

spanky250

Mod Ban
Dec 10, 2000
You have to get two manuals for the KDX 250 D. You need a KX 250 manual, and a KDX 250 supplement that covers the differences between the two models. The engine is mechanically nearly identical to a '89-'92 KX 250, with only off-road modifications such as a wide-ratio tranny, heavy flywheel with lighting coil, and milder porting being different between the two.

JeffK

Sep 9, 2001
Thanks for all your help guys... I was able to find some manuals on the internet for the KX250 and the KDX200 which should satisfy my needs for tearing down the engine...

as for Ivan (Truespode) asking him for advice is what I do for entertainment.. :scream:

Top Bottom