euromutt

Sep 14, 2007
Can someone tell me the correct adjustment/setting for slack in the chain on a 2002 KDX200? This bike is new to me so I would greatly appreciate any other advice as well.
Thank You!

euromutt

Sep 14, 2007
Can someone tell me the correct adjustment/setting for slack in the chain on a 2002 KDX200? This bike is new to me so I would greatly appreciate any other advice as well.
Thank You!

popthree

Sep 6, 2007
push the chain up as far as you can... topside, right beneath the kickstand mount. space should be 2.2-2.8 inches between chain and top of swing arm

NM_KDX200

Dec 29, 2002
Best way to set any chain is to pull the suspension up until the countershaft, swingarm pivot, and axle are all in a straight line. I usually do this when greasing the suspension linkage which I do immediately with any new-to-me bike (.ie the shock is off), or you can use a cranking tie-down, or a fat friend. This will put the chain at its tightest point. Give it 3/4" of slack. Then release everything and figure out where and how you want to measure slack in its "relaxed" state. I generally end up with about 3 fingers between the chain and swing arm at the end of the chain guide.

Top Bottom