Ryan_KDX_

Sep 12, 2002
What is the best over-all (thats S/A)? I'd like to replace my silencer with something really quiet, but not restrictive. I have an Answer spark arrestor on it right now (which isnt that loud, but it could be more quiet). Does anyone have an FMF Q? Because thats the one Ive heard the best things about.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Last I heard there is no "Q" for the KDX. The FMF TC II worked pretty good for me, just repack them before each season and they work pretty good.

swingarm

Aug 15, 2002
The stock kdx silencers flow very well. I put an FMF pipe on my 2001 kdx220 and a few months later I added an FMF silencer. I really did not notice much of a gain with the new silencer, just alot more noise.

Jim Crenca

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 18, 2001
I have experimented with both stock and older FMF silencers with an FMF pipe and found very little difference in noise. Certainly the stock double wall pipe offers the most noise attenuation over any other pipe / silencer combination. I thought the air box mod offers a fair amount of noise as well compared to stock. My advice is to use any large silencer and re=pack it often with Silent Sport packing as I believe this to be better than the R-13 insulation style material.

Top Bottom