KDX stalling

Vaulta

Jan 19, 2004
Lately my KDX200 has been stalling when I come to a complete stop, I will have the clutch pulled in with my feet on the ground and if I dont keep it slighlty reved it will die, it only seems to happen when I have been riding on it (warm engine).. During the first kick of the day it will idle fine.Should I fiddle with the air screw.

Rhodester

May 17, 2003
Exactly what I'd expect from a too rich pilot circuit. Turn the air screw out to lean it....or better yet, you may need to lean the pilot jet. An after market pipe will make the stock jetting comparatively richer still. What year of 200 do you have? What is your elevation? What modifications are you running? The 200H ('95 and newer) uses a 48 pilot (at least the earlier versions) stock. With airbox and pipe mods and 3000' elevation I run a 42 pilot with the air screw at 1 1/4 out (1 1/2 out is the recommended starting point with the proper pilot jet). With a fully warm engine turn the screw out until you get the highest idle RPMs, then turn it back in until you get your best low end throttle response. If you end up less than about 3/4 turns out -- you need the next richer pilot (not your problem). If you're much over 2 turns out -- you need the next leaner pilot (maybe your problem). Be careful when you run the screw all of the way in to start counting your turns out. Just barely seat it or you'll screw up the tapered end of that soft brass.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…