kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
i bought a 00kawasaki kdx200 and am wondering if i can jump with it i bought .42/kg frp springs and put the heavy fork oil in i weigh 200 lb.the rear suspension is stock and also am wondering if there is a clicker on the rear spring that will boost the seat height thanx jeff

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
Mines stock and I jup with it. I weight about 200 lbs too. Yes, there are clickers on the rear shock. The compression )I believe) is on th ebottom linkadge. and the rebound id the top one on the oil res. When jumping, thlanding flat is a little harsh, but i fu land on a landing...its as smooth as anyhting

kdxmann

Dec 21, 2002
the clicker is on the bottom of the shock right mines a little low to the ground so ill turn it clockwise to raise the seat height right????

Speedy

Nov 12, 2001
Those clickers dont raise and lower the bike. There rebound and compression adj's. The compression Adj. is for the landing(the spring being compressed) and can be adj. from soft to hard. The rebound is after the spring is compressed from the landing, the spring must now rebound, And there is a soft thru hard setting for that. So,,, when you land the jump and the rear spring bottoms out, You need to make a compression adj. After you land or hit some kickers and it(the rear of the bike) wants to buck you over the bars, You need to make a rebound adj.
If you wanna raise the bike a little, there are many things you can do. Taller seat foam sometimes helps. I put a taller rear tire on my bike And added some pro taper with the high rise. You can raise the front by changing the fork height at the tree. I wouldnt really mess with the big stuff yet. I would start by making smaller changes such as what i had mentioned, The seat foam and rear tire,, then see how that works for ya..Those things cost little money, If that dosent work then there are some other options that you can take but one thing at a time. To many changes can screw you and it all up. K?

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
So help me out here. I rode my new KDX200 out on some trails today. The mods I've done (fmf pipe, frp torque ring, remove airbox lid, rejet) have really made it come alive. I can loft the front wheel with a quick twist of the throttle in 3rd gear. My problem was when I lofted the front wheel to jump logs, the rear would bounce up and smack me in the tail. I haven't set the sag yet as I was told to break the susp. in a little first. I now have about 50 miles on the bike. Would I adjust the rebound clicker +? How many clicks to make a difference?:confused:

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
I would not be using a log to judge the suspension adjustments of the bike. Are u coming forward enough when the bike lofts over the log or staying to the rear and then getting hit. If there was no suspension action on your bike and you were over the rear end when going over a log, u betcha you are going to get that feeling of a bronc under you. Have someone watch you go over the log and then ask them about your body position.
V/R Ted

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom