KDX4ALL

Dec 9, 2002
What can a 2003 KDX 200 front forks handle? Are they durable enough for large jumps and woops or will the studs give way on the 43mm left fork? Also, can mods be done in implementing the 48mm kx250/125 for set/triple lamps? If so then what year would be available for this transition? Any feedback wouyld be greatly appreciated.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Nothing is going to break stud-wise...and they are on the RIGHT fork, not the left.

Well, unless the studs are tightened incorrectly in the first place or the clamp is itself installed incorrectly (gap on top).

It's the spring IN the fork that's the issue. OEM they are good for about a 135# rider. In most every case, they will need to be changed to suit.

Large jumps? It's a KDX!! One of the best woods bikes on the planet it's advertised to be......and it is good at it.

Whether RM, KTM or KX forks...they've all been tried at one time or another. So, yes...mods CAN be done to accept such frontends. They are NOT 'bolt-on' swaps.

Try a search or two with suitable keywords.

...I'm not sure what a set/triple lamp is..........

;)

Cheers!

KDX4ALL

Dec 9, 2002
That was actually ment to be written as Fork set and Triple clamps. If all that is needed is just a stronger spring then that is better than going out and buying a new fork set and triple clamps. Thank you for all of your help. I'm just looking for ways to enhance my KDX's performance. Its an awesome bike!

gooleo

Nov 5, 2002
hey kdx4all,
i have a '02 200 kdx. i just got a set of kx '98 forks off of e-bay. i'm getting a upper and lower clamp from emig. they require that i send my steering stem and bearing for them to press on. besides that, once i get the clamps, it'll bolt right up. the front brakes and calipars are interchangeable too. i also got a '98 kx front wheel off of e-bay. as i get parts in and this mod completed, i'll keep you informed.

KDX4ALL

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks Gooleo, is "98" the only compatible year for these mods? And would it matter if the parts were from a KX125 or 250?

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
Originally posted by KDX4ALL
Thanks Gooleo, is "98" the only compatible year for these mods? And would it matter if the parts were from a KX125 or 250?
Doesn't really matter because both bikes use the same 48mm forks that I am aware of.

gooleo

Nov 5, 2002
it doesn't matter if it's a 125/250, same part no's. as for the years, my local kawi dealer said that from '96 and up would work ok. you can go to the buy kawasaki website to get part no's and stuff. you might wanna call your kawi dealer/parts guy to confirm what year(s) work best.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom