KDX200 riding question

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
Hi, Im wondering how the KDX200 feels compared to a CRF150, like when I have to turn on rough gravel roads will it feel like the back-end is sliding and I know it is(on my CRF), how long would the stock tires last if i ran the bike mostly on hard gravel/sand/alittle bit of road at moderate to high speeds. also does it feel tall, and if i were to lean it into a few turns would it give in and fall? thanks, and sorry if the questions seem stupid, i have the ability to write without thinking before i write :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , kinda gets me in a bit of trouble at my job and school though........ :)

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
Most of your questions are ability questions and not KDX questions. Buy a hard terrain tire if your running hard terrain and if your 5'4"...yes it's tall, if your 6'2" it's short... Geesh!

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
Imagine a 3x more powerful bike better hand;ing and quicker revving. Any DIRTBIKE tire will wear out fast on any surface other than dirt! Thats why its called a dirtbike. :clue:

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
Lol, sorry rethnal, i should of listed my abilities and my current status when i posted the topic, ive been riding for 2 years, im 160lbs and im 5'7

rethnal

~SPONSOR~
Jul 14, 2002
At 5'7" it may be a tad bit tall for you, but there a guys shorter than you riding them. Anything will slide in gravel around corners, period! Find some nice dirt somewhere..... Your tires and your body will last longer!

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
Ok thanks, I should of took me almost ripping most of my left arm off as a clue to stay away from twisty gravel roads.

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Hi Thordian,
I believer we know each of from DT huh? If your looking for more power than your CRF then the KDX will certainly fit the bill. As for you other questions, plenty of seat time will answer those. Renthal said it when he said they are ability questions and that will come with more experience. Go for the KDX for your next bike and spend some time on the trails.

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
Ok thanks, cant help but try to know everything i can about the bike before i buy it. parents are the ones paying for it and they are buying a house so after they get cleared for a credit loan they will buy it for me. thanks to everyone that answered my questions, now just to wait.........god i hate waiting.

Thordian

Feb 11, 2004
:ohmy: ...........your kidding right lol, :joke: ill keep that in mind though

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…