canuckjgc

Nov 8, 2007
Ok, it's down to either a 2002 KDX220 or a 2003 WR250 (no e-start though), both are in nice shape, lightly used and maintained, both are $3300 in Canada.

I'm 5'10 180lbs age 37, strictly trails no competition. Looking for reliability, durability, ease of maintenance, performance, re-sale value in that order.

I like the idea of not mixing gas/oil, but still a little leary of 4 stroke repairs, though people who own the WR don't seem to have major issues with it. The WR seems like it has nicer equipment (shocks) but people love their KDX's.

Your thoughts?

XMotoX

Oct 23, 2006
Looking at those two bikes, I'd say they each have their own pros and cons to consider. With the KDX, like you said, you have to mix gas and oil and rebuild the engine more often. And the suspension isn't as good as what is on the WR. But, the KDX engine is more maintenance friendly being a two stroke. Snappy two stroke power is a pro in my opinion. The 220s also have tons of low end for a two stroke.

The WR will require stricter upkeep being a modern four stroke bike but has nice smooth power and better suspension. I don't know about Canadian prices but those numbers seem high to me. Are those normal range prices for bikes of that condition?

Anywho, I'd say both bikes will be great for your type of riding. Its basically down to preference on maintenance and power. Both bikes are reliable if taken care of and are known to be durable. I know my KDX is. Just make a choice on either snappy power w/ low maintenance or smooth power w/ more maintenance.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom