bills442

May 4, 2001
Hi Guys,

I broke a head bolt while re-torquing my head after a rebuild on my LA-Sleeve kdx 240.

2 questions:

1) Is there any source for getting the 240 head gasket other than calling Eric Gorr?

2) what the heck is his phone number? His web site is down for "rennovation" lol

3) You think I could re-use my old head gasket that had like 15 minutes on it tops?

Thanks everyone

StuckinJersey

May 11, 2005
http://www.cometic.com/

These are the gaskets that came with your big bore kit.
There is a catalog section and you just need to measurements
of your bore size. I have the 240 kit as well best 500 bucks I have ever spent. As long as the gasket came off clean and there are no rips you should be ok, but the kits run for under 50 bucks so better safe then walking. :ride:

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
As long as it's not creased/bent, it should be good...but you will need to use a gasket sealer made for that purpose...like Permatex copper coat.

Some paints work..like Krylon aluminum.

That said, the last gasket I used I REused..and I do have a bit of seepage visable at the head joint. By 'a bit' I mean I can see it..and that is after 200 miles of riding over a weekend in a lot of dust.

I've never noticed a new gasket doing that.

Walk thru the pits at a drag race. Some guys rebuild engines after EVERY run..and THEY reuse head gaskets.

Yeah yeah...not altogether the same thing..but a bit the same. Kind'a like my leak..a bit! ;)

bills442

May 4, 2001
Thanks guys

Thanks guys.

I went with some copper coat and re-used it, looks ok, but we'll see what happens when I actually build up some cylinder pressure under throttle.

I'll give cometic a call.

I learned a important and obvious lesson. On an old motor, it pays to just replace all the studs.... lol

Rogerdodger

Jul 4, 2006
Last year I tried to find gaskets for my KDX240 in Australia, but was unsuccessful. In the end I obtained some from Kustom Kraft over there in the USA - try them.

Cheers

Top Bottom