Ken Fart must be a wuss.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Did anybody take a look at the CR500AF review in Dirt Rider magazine? They call the ultimate machine too "difficult to control" and pretty much passed it over. I can't remember their exact words, but they basically revealed the ever-so-present wussdom revolution of the day. That is, no one is capable or interested in riding an open class bike anymore. Do you really think it's because of the lousy handling of a standard 500? Think again. Evidence for the contrary is obvious in this article--too much power for little Ken Faught. Waaahhh. Again, we've got a rag throwing blanket statements around as if fact, such as "If you want to go fast on a track, this one is not for you.":mad: No, truth be told, if you can handle the power this thing lays out, and in such grand fashion with great handling, you WILL kick everyone else's ass. End of story. Why interject their lame "personal" opinion on what will and won't work? In this case, it's just too much bike FOR THEM and they don't recognize it themselves.

Listen, I may not have one, but I'm not stupid either. This is the ultimate bike that Honda SHOULD make, but won't. I'm sure there's nary a bike that can touch it in any category.

To think that I've now got to dump DirtRider. RacerX is fast becoming the only mag I'll read anymore. What a shame.:silly:

bwalker

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 10, 2000
I just bought a Af and I think its way easier to handle than a cr 250. Heck you dont even have to worry what gear its in.

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
ive been telling people about 500's for years.i had to talk aj and wardy too into trying mine.thats all it took.

MXFastGuy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by nephron
To think that I've now got to dump DirtRider. RacerX is fast becoming the only mag I'll read anymore. What a shame.:silly:

I think a lot of people feel this way. Note that Racer X does NO bike tests. Coincidence? :silly:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Speaking from direct experience, the AF can be a lazy-boy; doesn't matter what gear, lug it everywhere. Shifter? What shifter? There is ALWAYS power on tap.

It can also peel your eyelids if you want :scream: .

BTW: I didn't think the article was negative at all.

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
These are the kind of guys that ride 4-strokes so they can handle an 'open' bike.:p

:scream: :scream:

I hope you like scratched plastic, Boy...

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
All the magazine wankers want is a bike that their momma can go fast on!!! If momma can ride it fast then it must be good. Im sick of reading bike tests aimed at momma !!!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by ktmboy
These are the kind of guys that ride 4-strokes so they can handle an 'open' bike.:p

Ok Boy, thems fight'n words.:confused:

Ol'89r

kdxxx200

Dec 21, 1999
I still think that DR mag is better reading than many. Whatever your dirt interests, it's there. I too found myself skipping over Ken's articles until I learned that it is just his opinion, and I think of it as that and it doesn't bother me. Like Trail rider too but DR remains my favorite.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Hey Holeshot and 89er, you guys ride those 250 class legal 4-smokes-----I thought you'd understand!:p
BTW, if it makes you feel any better, I was drag racing a CR500 Sunday out at Red Mountain and I kept reaching for another gear to try to keep up. Those REAL open classers are fast! Maybe if I lost a couple of teeth in the rear I'd have a better chance.:confused:

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Ahhh Bbbom I checked out your webphoto site with you riding the 94 CR500, You are a Big Bore Momma!!!! So when it comes to the CR500AF... Dream on!!!!

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I love 500s, but in all honesty guys, even a lightened state of the art one isn't going to handle in the same realm as a decent late model 125. And, the on a tighter track a 125 would probably be faster.

By the way, I switched to a 125 for a year, then switched back to a CR250 because handling isn't everything...:aj:

trivial

Feb 14, 2002
These are the kind of guys that ride 4-strokes so they can handle an 'open' bike.

Ya...4 strokes are for sissies:silly:

wish you were closer...i'd let you take my BRP for a spin:p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
4 stroke=sissy! :)
Pieces of poop, dung and anything else we can't say here!
I'm done, next?
Sorry 89'r, I may be working for you right now, but that doesn't mean I have to be nice. :p j/k!
Elk

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I'd swear by looking at Elks profile, he is a bad guy doing a good guys job ! :p (Which is probably why he is a good cop !)

66 Chevy, 2 stroke 250, what else should we know about you Elk ? ;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Me either.

Originally posted by Okiewan
Speaking from direct experience, the AF can be a lazy-boy; doesn't matter what gear, lug it everywhere. Shifter? What shifter? There is ALWAYS power on tap.

BTW: I didn't think the article was negative at all.

I didn't think it was negative. I did like seeing Jer get some exposure and lots of words in the article -good for him too.

quote: It can also peel your eyelids if you want :scream: .

Thats what goggles are for, to hold them in. :cool:

Top Bottom