BIGWEBBY

Feb 28, 2007
Hi and hello to every one on this top site has been alot of help to me.

I am just in the process of restoring a yz 250 1991 and have a fault with the kickstart it will not click back when you pull it out to start it and it keeps swinging in and out when riding, can i replace the bearing inside to hold it in position or do i need to replace the full lever?? :|

thanks in advance for any help :laugh:

Ric(bigwebby) uk manchester :p

elcamino12sec

Jan 16, 2006
Yes you can replace the ball, however there is probably a screw that you can adjust the tension on the ball, maybe it just needs a 1/2 turn, I would try that before throwing parts at it.

Feb 20, 2007
There is a spring and a ball which keep tension on a indent in the shaft, either one or all of these are worn which need to be replaced, or the hole in the lever itself is elongated almost to the point of breaking. As the one on my CR did!!! Not cheap either..

freakystyley

Nov 27, 2006
get a bit longer/stiffer spring and new ball at the hardware store - also a new o ring at the base of the lever helps keep the abrasive dirt out. unless like actual mech stated, the indent in inside the lever may be wallowed out.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I had the same problem with my 01 YZ 250. After about 3 years, the lever wouldn't stay against the bike. I just replaced the entire lever, cuz mine was really chewed up from the foot peg. Replacing the ball and spring should fix your problem assuming everything else is fine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom