Kickstarter conversion question

teton

Dec 13, 2000
I have check out the justkdx page on the conversion, (trashing the stock in favor of the aluminum kx 125) my question is, according to buykawasaki's overview the part number is the same for the lower assembly that mounts on the starter shaft as it is on the kdx, why wont this work, and why do we use the aluminum unit off a 89 125?

Just wondering, thats all, thanks in advance

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Let me reword that, (such a loser) anyway, the part number for a 1995 KDX, lower kick starter assembly is the same as a 95 KX125, so, why cant this unit just blot on the KDX? Perhaps the start is in to much a different shape, I dont know, to much thinking going on:think

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by teton
Let me reword that, (such a loser) anyway, the part number for a 1995 KDX, lower kick starter assembly is the same as a 95 KX125.

Are you sure about that? When I checked, they were different part numbers.

teton

Dec 13, 2000
Your right BRush, went back and checked again, Im wrong, the part #'s are different, I was using the referance number.

acutemp

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 4, 1999
The kickstarter shaft on the KX is smaller than the KDX's. I used the 89 lever after asking Jeff Fredette about it. It has held up really well so far.:) --Dan

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom