kickstarter troubles on KDX175 (1982)

Pepe

Aug 21, 2003
Hi, I'm having trouble with my kickstarter. I took out the kick-shaft and installed it again, installed the kick and the following prob occurred: I cak kick it (it turns around), but the kick does not go back to it's starting position (vertical, up),it just stays down. I can turn it manually to vertical again, but it takes some foce. Not much though, just a little (it might just be something like compression). What could I have done wrong? I would like to know before I take the thing out again, otherwise, I don't know what faults to look for.
Just a small remark: I noticed that the kick-shaft didn't stay in its correct position after installment, ik looked like it was bushed and supported by the mag cover. Normal?
Some things cleared out: it's a basket case, I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff. If I leftanything out or unclear, just ask. Manty thanks guys (and gurls) !

john_bilbrey

Mar 22, 2003
should be a spring in there to return it to the top. take it apart and make sure it's lined up correctly.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…