Kids Hour Friday - need volunteers/suggestions!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Kids hour will be Friday under the bigtop from 1:30 to 2:30!!

First off, I have a few activities planned but was hoping for 1-2 more. Does anyone have suggestions (water balloon toss, scavenger hunt, etc?) or wanna volunteer to head up an activity? Also if a few people want to volunteer to help out in general, that would be great, too!!

So far I have:

COLORING CONTEST - I will have several dirtbike coloring book pictures and lots of crayons. The kids can color as many as they want then submit one for a coloring contest if they would like. We'll split the coloring contest into a few age classes and can choose a winner of each class for a small prize.

MOTO BUCKETS - Kinda like Bozo Buckets. I'll come up with different sized buckets and balls to toss in them and they can try to make it through all 5 or 6 buckets. I plan on cutting out rider pictures from magazines and having a K-Dub Bucket, RC Bucket, Pastrana Bucket, Bubba Bucket, MC Bucket, etc... so if anyone has extra moto mags that I can steal a page or two, that would be great! If not, I can probably dig around and find something. I plan on having some small prizes for this as well.

PUZZLES, ETC - Along with the coloring book images, there will be various dirtbike puzzles (crossword puzzles, word finds, etc) that the kids can do as well.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Do they want to see a freak of nature? if so, I'll be there thursday afternoon

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
Ice Cream Storytime with Aunt Speedy!

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I second the speedy storytime hour suggestion. Word is she's great with little ones!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Nikki,

The classic "Pin the rider on the bike" is always a hit with the little ones. Or, if it's not too late to acquire one, a bike pinata that they can bash on. For some reason kids seem to love bashing things. :think: It's not a dirt bike, but it has two wheels...

Pinata

Just a thought, or two.

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
I think stringing JP up for them to bash around would work just as well :debil:

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
As long as he spits out prizes and candy, I don't the kids will notice the difference. :)

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Scooter rocks!! Cool!

D - great idea I never even thought about that. Would be fun to beat it with some bent up handlebars or something. :)

GSR - I think JP would be the perfect bash item. I hope we get a turn ;)

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I'll be sure to load up on special prizes for you.

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
Nikki, how many kids and what age group's are you planning. Let me know and I'll see if I can come up with some stuff.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…