Kinda new to this ... what bike would suit me best?

b3000boy

Apr 11, 2010
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important) About 6'3", 185 lbs.
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? Fairly, but only if people make me angry.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Mostly fields, but some woods riding
4) Do you have any riding experience? Some, but not much.
5) Do you think you will race ? Probably not.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? Yup.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? Preferably Yamaha 4 stroke.
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? At most $2k, I kinda want used.
10) Do you live in California? Nope
11) Your age?*17
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion Something heavier, but not to the point at which it'll break your leg if you tip it.

When I said rebuild, almost the entire thing, except the block. Thanks for all the input. Thanks,I felt my words start slurring, never a good thing. Although I just got back from a trip to southern Missouri so it might anyway.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I'm going to split this out and move it to the What bike do I get forum so you will get folks ideas quicker. :)

YZ__rider

Jan 16, 2010
It may be difficult to find a nice Yamaha 4 stroke suitable for your size for $2K. My advise would be to go with someone who has alot of experience with dirt bikes and knows what they are looking for.

b3000boy

Apr 11, 2010
Thanks Tony, I was just thinking the same thing, but here it is so I won't post it again. Thanks again for everyone's opinions on this, and sorry if I repeat things, I don't exactly have the memory I'm supposed to. But if I do remember correctly, didn't Yamaha start building WR250's in '04? I've been scanning Craigslist for good buys, but haven't come across anything yet.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom