Kipps crud inspection

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
If I where to take off the left side cover marked KIPPS could I get a good indication of the crudd build up on the rest of the KIPPS system parts??

98 kdx 200

The reason I ask is the crap I found this weekend repacking the silencer!!
My bike runs exellent and I dont want to take things apart if I don't need to.

I'm looking for answers from people who have done a complete tear down and who have compaired the valves crudd to the covers crudd.. for all I know the cover may not get as cruddy as the more inner parts or maybee the cover gets more crudd.

Crudd reports please

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
If one is familiar with them, then pulling it off would be a half-way decent indicator. If you aren't too familiar with them, then the only red flag would be a horrible, way too obvious build-up. You can take off the right hand cover and rev it up to see if the arm moves around 6,000 RPM or so.

On a different subject, I think you had mentioned something about changing the shock spring. I am thinking that you did, anyway. If you did, I think you would be OK for the stock rate. Just measure the sag to be sure.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
On a different subject, I think you had mentioned something about changing the shock spring. I am thinking that you did, anyway. If you did, I think you would be OK for the stock rate. Just measure the sag to be sure.

We talked some about it when you came for the older kdx's a few sundays ago. I think what I end up with is stock shock and rechange the forks to a 42kg so if anyone would like the 38's let me know it might speed up my purchase of the 42's

i believe then it will be balanced and set for my style (leaving the ground any chance I get)

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Have you changed the fork oil or messed with the compression adjusters in the bottom of the forks any?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…