KLX forks, wrong springs?

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Hey all,
just got a set of Race-Tech springs for my KLX, dealer varified that they are the correct spring according to the application chart but they don't fit. The plastic piece on the center rod won't allow the springs to go over it, it's close but the fit is way too tight, is there a remedy to this situation? Anyone else have problems with Race-Tech springs? Thanks in advance.

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
I have seen this a few times. Most guys just shave a bit off the spring guide,it doesnt take much.

Brewster

Dec 2, 2001
I've installed two sets of fork springs into KLX's and there was no problem with the fit.
Ride on
Brewster

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I got them to work finally, these must be the easiest forks in the world to rebuild, had to shave down the spring guides but other than that it went well. Forks were very sludgy at the bottom (looked like mud stuck around the basevalve), after cleaning them up, putting the new springs in and some 10wt silkolene oil the forks are now perfection :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…